After installing my nice new work laptop, I ran into some synchronization problem: extensions I use were not downloaded. Here’s the solution, taken from this thread ( https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=152648#c12 )
Just go to Menu > Tools > Extensions. Enable the developer mode, then click on the newly appearing button “Update Extensions Now”. Great!
Otherwise, here’s a list of extensions I use (alphabetical order):
- AdBlock Not the optimal solution (most of the crap is still downloaded but not executed) but a super good start
- Ghostery + Ghostery Fixer to remove a maximum tracking from internet …
- Google +1 Button to share nice articles if the option is not present
- Google Translate if the page is written in Klingon
- Kill Evil disabling shitty scripts
- Pocket an amazing tool to bookmark pages
- Sexy Undo Close Tab in case of emergency undo !
- Shoptimate For fast comparison while shopping online
- Tabs to the front
- Weather Now to keep track of weather (when it’s further away than looking through your window)
- Xmarks (Watch out when log in to chrome/chromium to disable bookmark sync to avoid maximum problems) Surely the most useful to me, synchronizes bookmarks across systems and browsers, a must have
Categorised as: Browser